[cvsnt] $Log$ conflict

Tom Cmok tomcmok at free.polbox.pl
Mon Aug 18 12:45:54 BST 2003

..but I'm pretty sure for some earlier versions (<2 maybe) of cvsnt
I was not having this problem - during branch merging - yes, but
not for a 'normal' update. Why is there that additional new $Log$
line:

>$Log: reporttasks.txt,v $
>=======
>$Log$

..again, I think it started to happen since I've upgraded to CVSNT
2.0.3

any suggestions?

Tomasz

>> >I'm having a problem with a conflict after cvs merge (after update)
>> >in the $Log$ section. Local file's log looks as follows:
>
> I think it's normal to get conflicts in those sections... Is it?????
> It does seem like CVSNT should be smart enough not to flag it as a
> conflict.

It can't, really... $Log$ is special, in that it doesn't just expand
to a
token, it start appending to a list - which means the file is actually
changing as it is committed...  We avoid conflicts in things like $Id$
(mostly) but unfortunately it's not possible with $Log$.