[cvsnt] cvs / subversion discussion

Anthony Williams anthony.williamsNOSPAM at anthonyw.cjb.net
Mon Aug 18 17:18:39 BST 2003

Tony Hoyle <tmh at nodomain.org> writes:

> On Fri, 15 Aug 2003 09:06:25 -0400, "keith d. zimmerman" <lists at kdz13.net>
> wrote:
>
>>SQL backend - as in all data is stored in an sql database as opposed to the
>>rcs file format?   this is good....  very good!!
>>
> I'm looking forward to being able to benchmark it on a nice fast Oracle server
> :) (well I can dream...)

You can download Oracle Servers for free for development purposes. There is a
port for Windows NT, and one for Linux IIRC. The speed then just depends on
your machine --- if you just happen to have a 10 CPU UltraSparc in your back
room, then you're rocking ;-)

Just go to technet.oracle.com, sign up and prepare for a BIG download.

Anthony
--
Anthony Williams
Senior Software Engineer, Beran Instruments Ltd.