[cvsnt] $Log$ conflict

Ian Epperson Ian at axiomdesign.com
Mon Aug 18 19:32:19 BST 2003

It was pointed out in our shop by a guy who used to do programming for
medical devices that you REALLY don't want to put the log into your source
code.  He did that ONCE, and when the code was audited, the auditor noted
all the bug fix log entries and asked to see ALL OF THE PROBLEMS AND FIXES.
This was abnormal, but because it was in the code comments it opened the
door.

We don't do near the kind of work here - but when we had a disgruntled
customer, they demanded a code audit.  I was VERY GLAD there was no log info
in the code as they could have grilled us over every little bug fix, instead
of the finished product.