[cvsnt] The command line is too long.

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Mon Aug 18 23:23:15 BST 2003

On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 13:29:56 -0700, "Lawson.Reed"
<Reed.Lawson at IGT.com> wrote:

> [...]

If you are using WinCvs then what you see in the command window is a
shortened version of the real command sent. And if you have selected
files in the files pane when you click Commit, then each and every one
of these files will be individually listed on the command line to cvs.
If you select a folder in the folders pane there will not be any files
listed at all.
Worse still, if you have enabled flat view when you do this I think
that the command line gets even longer.
So the command line stretches the capacity of Windows to the limit
already for cvs.exe, even when the scripts are fixed.

By the way taginfo was fixed long ago, before the 2.0.x releases,
loginfo I don't really know though.
But I am not sure it will help at all if you use WinCvs to throw too
much at cvs at a time.

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)