[cvsnt] Any way at all to use spaces in modules?

Oliver Giesen ogware at gmx.net
Tue Aug 19 14:10:38 BST 2003

Hi all!
I'm currently in the process of significantly reorganizing our repository.
One of the things I'm intending to do is to get rid of a folder with spaces
in its name. As unfortunately that folder is referenced by name by quite a
few source files I need to supply some kind of compatibility mechanism in
order to be able to check out a valid older state of the project. I had been
intending to do so by using a module definition which will check out the now
space-less folder with the -d option to its old spaced name.

I think I once saw some commit comments in the cvsnt-commit list that hinted
at this somehow being possible by escaping the spaces in some way. However,
all I was able to come up with upon searching were some comments regarding
spaces in loginfo and cvsignore. Is there a similar thing for modules as
well? If so, how do I "escape" the spaces? I already tried backslashes,
URL-encoded (i.e. %20), the thingy with the equal signs (i.e. =20 - is that
UTF-8?), quotes and combinations of all these. Still no luck. Is this a dead
end? In that case I'll probably keep the old spaced folder as a copy and
simply cvs remove all files within it for new development...

Any more ideas?

Oliver
JID: ogiesen at jabber.org
ICQ: 18777742