[cvsnt] list of changed files

Haible Pascal haible at heidenhain.de
Thu Aug 21 07:32:18 BST 2003

> on my copy that still lists all the files including the up to
> date ones

Right, it does so on mine as well.

> At Wednesday 2003-08-20 02:35, I wrote:
> > > how can i identify those files in the repository that have
> > > been changed since i took my copy?
> >
> >"cvs status" gives you the status of a file, or all files
> >recursively if no filename is given.
> >But the output is quite verbose, so
> >I used to have a batch file that did (from memory)
> >
> >cvs status | grep ^File | grep -v Up-to-date
> >
> >but nowadays it's much easier:
> >
> >cvs status -q

The equivalent to my former batch file (show only changed files)
would indeed be
cvs status -q | grep -v Up-to-date

If you don't have a grep, you can as well use Windows' find program:

cvs status -q | find /V "Up-to-date"

but don't forget the quotes!
If you are not interested in the "... Examining ..." messaages, use

cvs status -q 2>NUL | find /V "Up-to-date"

Pascal