[cvsnt] Is usage of cvs.exe (as client) discouraged atthehostwhere the repository lives?

Bo Berglund Bo.Berglund at system3r.se
Thu Aug 28 16:36:29 BST 2003

It's just that always we hear of people using cvs in local mode and thereby
getting all kinds of problems that the cvs server running in client/server
mode will handle. For example, will the lockserver service be used when a
client just scoffs off its commands using the cvs.exe directly?
I don't think so, but I might be wrong.

Safest bet is to leave :local: alone in my view.

But I am in no way an expert in how cvs actually works internally, I just
read all the posts and remember most of them.

/Bo