[cvsnt] embedding newlines in the -m option. how?

Lawson.Reed Reed.Lawson at IGT.com
Fri Aug 29 21:06:14 BST 2003

Hi.

I'm trying to write a script to alter the comment in a
revision of a file using "cvs rcs -m<rev>:"comment" file.c"
but I need to support multiple lines. How do you
properly embed newlines in the -m option?

I tried everything I know, and I can not seem to
find a successful way to do it. They keep coming out in
the log looking like this:

"It is challenging trying to get multi-line\\ncomments working from a script
and the -m option\\nI can not figure out how to do it."

Any ideas?

$ cvs version
Client: Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.0.2 (client/server)
Server: Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.0.5 (client/server)

Thanks,