[cvsnt] Installation problems

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Thu Dec 4 21:01:47 GMT 2003

> Logging in to :sspi:szmyd at rohan:2401:/test
> CVS password: ******
> cvs [login aborted]: unrecognized auth repsonse from rohan:
> cvs server:
> E canno
> t open F:/cvsrepo/test/CVSROOT/config: Permission denied

Looks like there is a problem with NTFS permissions on the machine.  You can
check out the setup outlined at http://www.cvsnt.org/wiki/SetAcl and adapt
that to your specific needs.

In case you already have, make sure you have SYSTEM with full permissions on
the CVS repository (it can be less, CVSROOT + maybe a little more at
minimum, but I'm uncertain of the minimum level).  CVSNT is by default
logging in as SYSTEM when starting as a service, and it checks CVSROOT first
before impersonating that user.

For Rohan!

Glen Starrett