[cvsnt] sspi and pserver question

Dan Ratanasit dratanas at cis.gsu.edu
Thu Dec 4 21:32:04 GMT 2003

Hello,

I'm a new user to CVSNT and just subscribed to this list. I have CVSNT
2.0.11 on one machine and am using TortoiseCVS 1.4.5 on the client machine.

I have a question regarding sspi and pserver.

When I use pserver to connect, I see that I can keep track of the authors
working on a document in its CVS history. But when using sspi, the history
of a file always shows the author as "Guest" regardless of which user has
checked out the module. Also it seems "Guest" needs to be a user listed in
the passwd file when using sspi.

My question is can I keep track of the authors modifiying a file with sspi?
Are there some settings I can change to allow this? or will the author
always show up as "Guest" when using sspi?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Dan