[cvsnt] Re: Upgrading

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Sun Dec 7 18:37:48 GMT 2003

On Sun, 07 Dec 2003 10:34:14 -0500, "P. Dwayne Miller"
<dmiller at espgroup.net> wrote:

>Can anyone point me to any documentation describing the upgrade
>process.  I'm going from 1.11.1.3 to the latest (2.0.12a).  Most of the
>clients are using WinCVS 1.3.8.1 Beta 8 (build 1).  I'll be upgrading
>them as well.  Just wanted to know if there will be any issues around
>files that are currently being edited, will they have any problems
>checking things back in after the upgrade.
>
>The last upgrade went flawlessly, but wasn't sure if the change from
>1.xx to 2.xx would be as simple.
>
>Tks,
>Dwayne

If you have an old server in the 1.11.x tree then you must uninstall
it from the Control Panel Add/remove programs. This will NOT affect
any repository files whatsoever and your CVSNT settings are also
retained for the next step. The reason for the uninstall is that CVSNT
now uses a completely different installer engine and it must be
installed from scratch to work in the future.

Now install CVSNT once more from the CVSNT 2.0.12a distribution. Take
a careful look at the options you want to use because they are not all
on by default.

On the client side just uninstall WinCvs (for the same reason as
above). Then install from the latest 1.3.14 installation file from
SourceForge. Your settings should again be intact.

This is all you need to do, the checked out files remain in their
sandboxes and the repository is served by a new server. :-)

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)