[cvsnt] verifymsg and CVSROOT

Zsolt Koppany zkoppanylist at intland.com
Wed Dec 10 10:56:36 GMT 2003

Hi,

in a client server solution my script should send "verifymsg" specific info
to the server, that depending on some issues checks the syntax of the
message. But to make a decision, the server should know CVSROOT and module
name for example known in loginfo. How can I get this info in the
"verifymsg" script? I understand that these info is available in "loginfo"
but that is too late, because the commit cannot be rejected.

Our server can work with more than one CVS servers and we would like to make
the configuration of for example allowed message syntax on the server for
all CVS servers, this configuring the "verifymsg" on the CVS server is not
doable for us.

Additionally, how can I figure out the user how tries to make a commit?

Zsolt