[cvsnt] Re: How to figure out who made the commit in loginfo?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Thu Dec 11 21:53:31 GMT 2003

On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 21:50:48 +0100, "Zsolt Koppany"
<zkoppanylist at intland.com> wrote:

>Hi Bo,
>
>my question was not perfect. Under Unix I do know how to do it but not under
>Windows.
>
>Zsolt

Here is an example line from a loginfo file where I use my own program
CVSMailer to process the information and send out email (all on one
line, the newsreader wraps the line into two):

ALL C:\Programs\CVSMailer\CVSMailer.exe -l$CVSPID $USER $CVSROOT
%{sVv}

The second item on the space separated line is the program to call,
then follows the parameters you need for this program, I use 3 extra
parameters before the standard params %{sVv}.
Here I use:
$CVSPID  this gives me the process identifier of the cvs.exe instance
$USER    this is what you want, the login name of the user
$CVSROOT this is the root specifier so it can be included in the email

There are a few other environment variables you can use here, it all
depends on what your program is going to expect and do.
Hope this helps a bit more...

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)