[cvsnt] SSPI permissions issues

Dan Ratanasit dratanas at cis.gsu.edu
Mon Dec 15 19:24:56 GMT 2003

David,

I was having this exact same situation. It wouldn't matter if the Windows XP
Guest account was enabled or disabled, CVSNT identified the client as Guest.
I got around this by creating a system user acount on the server machine for
each CVS user. This eliminated the need for the user "Guest" in the passwd
file. It seems the user "Guest" is necessary only if trying to login with a
username that does not exist in the passwd file.

CVSNT will authenticate the user based on that user's Windows password, so
in the passwd file the entry for the user is simply "username:"

It's not a very elegant solution (even though we don't have a huge number of
users), but it worked. I hope this helps, but please let me know if anything
else works for you.

Dan