[cvsnt] Is there a guide to documentation and patch submissions?

Czarnowski, Aric aczarnowski at unimax.com
Tue Dec 16 17:38:21 GMT 2003

> I tried cvs -q diff combination
> (cvs -q diff -R -N -r HCVW_R_4_6_5_0) but
> the output from diff is not suppressed

The answer to this post was "use the --brief option" which is great but
where is this documented?  cvs -H diff doesn't mention --brief as of
version 2.0.12.

I get the feeling that there are all kinds of idiosyncrasies out there
which are useful but nobody new to CVS has a hope of finding out about
short of monitoring this list for a couple years and knowing which
messages to save away.

Is the CVSNT wiki the first place to update and can/should we users just
do that?  I'd assume Tony would want some control over documentation
patches just like code patches (if they're ever submitted) and code
patches would be needed to update -H usage output anyway...

Documentation is probably one of the few places I could hope to
contribute to this great app but I would like to see a guide to
documentation or code patch submissions someplace before trying to help
in a constructive way.  How would you like us to help Tony?

--Aric

Aric Czarnowski
Unimax Systems Corporation
612-204-3634