[cvsnt] CVS Update without Sticky TAG

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Wed Dec 17 14:22:04 GMT 2003

It sounds like you want to do branching, which allows developers to work in
parallel, instead of retrieving previous versions.  The sticky tag appears
when you check out a file at a specific revision level but you shouldn't do
that if you intend to be able to check that file back in again.

Read up on the CVS documentation about branching and merging.
http://www.cvsnt.org/wiki/CvsChapter62

http://www.cvsnt.org/wiki/MergePoint

http://cvsbook.red-bean.com/cvsbook.html#Branches

Always reply to the list, not me directly.  Others may be able to answer or
benefit from the q/a.

Glen Starrett
glen at starrett.name