[cvsnt] cvswrappers

Czarnowski, Aric aczarnowski at unimax.com
Wed Dec 17 21:53:16 GMT 2003

> i finally have gotten this to work by checking out
> the CVSROOT module of my repository, editing
> cvswrappers, and committing it back in

So you had a local cvswrappers file somewhere but didn't commit it?
Yeah, that won't work.

For future reference everything in CVSROOT can be considered server side
and must be committed before it will take effect.  You should see the
"rebuilding administrative databases" message and then you know the
change is "in."  You shouldn't need to restart the service.

There are some exceptions of course but the exceptions are usually more
hassle than they are worth so I avoid them.

--Aric

Aric Czarnowski
Unimax Systems Corporation
612-204-3634