[cvsnt] Issues

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Wed Dec 17 22:25:12 GMT 2003

HI:
First,
please don't reply to my private address, use the list address instead
so others can benefit or help out...
Unfortunately the CVSNT list is designed such that by replyiing to a
message you relpy only to the person that posted that message. You
need to do a "reply all" and then remove the individual addresses
manualla just keeping the list address. Other lists do not do this so
thta is probably why you are posting only to the author of the
message.
A tip here is to instead use the news server at cvsnt.org, it serves
out both the cvsgui (wincvs) list and the cvsnt list and here replies
of course are only posted to the newsserver.

Concerming your question:
Depending on which protocol you use the CVS users either must have a
valid account (sspi) or can be impersonated into using a single valid
account (pserver). But at least this account must in fact exist.

None of these accounts need (or should) be an admin account. CVS users
are ordinary users and don't need admin priviliges on the server. You
can gine some accounts CVS admin priviliges (which is a property
entirely withing CVS only) by adding them to the CVSROOT/admin file.

/Bo