[cvsnt] Re: Can Not Use pserver

salman_mdn at yahoo.com salman_mdn at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 18 14:17:29 GMT 2003

Thanks Tony,
This is regarding you reply you said
"In some older versions of CVSNT this wasn't checked.
It is now strictly
checked for - the pserver users must exist or be
aliased to an already existing user."

In our earlier repos which was using 1.x we did not
have the users on the server. Actually they were in a
different domain. We use MS Active directory.
I think they were aliased to a generic user like
cvsuser. that way we dont have to create a new user on
the repos server every time they add a developer.
I want to do the same thing on this server also,
please help.
Thanks again for your help, I appreaciate your time.

Salman.

I did an upgrade from CVS 1.x to 2.x, everything sees
to work fine except
> that I cannot use pserever to acces the repos from
the client.
> Previously on 1.x we were able to do using pserver
even though the repos
> server and client are diferent domains. our code
uses pserver so it is
> important for us to use pserver.
> The error it gives is user not found.

Do the users exist on the server?