[cvsnt] Win2K Server or Workstation?

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Thu Dec 18 17:30:04 GMT 2003

On Thu, 18 Dec 2003 17:16:50 -0000, "Harrison, Andrew"
<andy.harrison at anite.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Is it best to run the CVS-NT server on a Win2K Server box or will a Win2K
>Workstation box be ok? Is there a recommended minimum spec for the machine
>in terms of processor & RAM? (Assuming it's used solely for running the CVS
>Server and nothing else?)

Workstation is fine.  RAM isn't so critical (as much as you can throw
at it, but don't go mad.. 256MB is more than enough).  Disk space is
the biggest problem as you need enough for repository + copy of the
sanbox (worst case for a remote client committing the whole sandbox) +
lots more spare if you have lots of clients.  SCSI helps though I've
had no real problems with IDE.