[cvsnt] Re: Question: sspi: connection in workgroup

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Fri Dec 19 12:12:59 GMT 2003

On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 16:43:39 +0900, "keys" <s_kidu at cb3.so-net.ne.jp>
wrote:

>Why can I connect to localhost CVSNT server with :sspi: ?
>(like below)
>Isn't it authenticated by domain?

It's authenticated by whatever Windows decides to authenticate with,
which can be domain, AD, kerberos ticket, etc.

>---
>C:\home\keys>set CVSROOT=:sspi:TPA22P:/test
>

>---
>C:\home\keys>set CVSROOT=:sspi:keys at TPA22P:/test

Windows thinks your username is not 'keys', and you haven't got a
cached login for that user.  It's best not to specify the username
with sspi as it allows the system to work it out (the exception being
XP Home which has a habit of being 'guest').