[cvsnt] Re: Console window popping up in 2.0.15

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Tue Dec 23 17:43:48 GMT 2003

On Tue, 23 Dec 2003 16:28:21 +0000 (UTC),
kieron.wilkinson at paretopartners.com (Kieron Wilkinson) wrote:

>Andreas Tscharner wrote:
>
>> For testing purposes, I have the server and the client running on the
>> same machine. Now, I noticed that cvsnt 2.0.15 pops up a console window
>> for every action I do, either manually on the command line (client
>> 2.0.15) or with TortoiseCVS (client 2.0.11).
>> The window disappears a few moments later again.
>
>I get exactly the same thing using CVS through IntelliJ IDEA. I also use
>2.0.15. It is actually pretty annoying, so I hope it is not a planned long
>term feature. ;)

It's not anything that cvs is doing - the frontend that is calling it
should be specifying that the console window is hidden.  If it annoys
you I recommend filing a bug with the respective frontends   I think
there's a way of setting the default that windows uses too but can't
remember what it is.