[cvsnt] Authentication question

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Tue Dec 23 22:18:43 GMT 2003

Anne Bonham wrote:

> We're planning to implement CVSNT on Solaris with Win2000 clients. We will
> use the sserver protocol.
>
> My questions are:
>
> 1) Will users be prompted to change their CVS passwords every so often? If
> so, how often (or is this configurable)?

No.

> 2) Will CVS lock-out users after a certain number of unsuccessful login
> attempts? If so, how many (or is this configurable)? How long is lock out
> (or is it configurable)?

No.

> Or, does CVS just piggy-back on the system's settings where these items
> are concerned?

It uses getpwnam, so it the user is disabled presumably it'll fail there.

There was a PAM patch some time ago which seems to have gone missing (it was
in one version I think it got lost in a merge).   That would probably
support some of the things you're after.  I'll dig it up an put it back in.