[cvsnt] Notification behaviour

Mikael Andersson manderss at dof.se
Mon Dec 29 10:35:05 GMT 2003

Hi there,

I recently tried to enable the cvs notifications feature by installing
the cvsmailer program.
The notifications works, and when I use 'cvs edit' to edit a file cvs
adds temporary
watches on that file, which is to be expected.

What puzzles/annoys me is that when I commit or unedit the file, cvs
notifies *ME* that
*I* have made a commit/unedit since I have a temporary watch on the
file.
This result in a lot of unnecessary emails sent since I don't need to be
informed of my own actions.

Is this the intended behaviour? Is there any way to configure cvsnt to
sent emails only if the
person to be notified is different from the committer?

I believe it was on CVSNT 2.0.14 I tried this out.

rgds

Mikael