[cvsnt] Re: Latest updates

Ori Berger cvsnt-newsgroups at orib.net
Tue Dec 30 00:21:14 GMT 2003

Tony Hoyle wrote:
> * More binary diff work.  It now works on existing files (admin -kB)
> and shouldn't render the file unusable any more :)  I'm not sure I'd
> trust it with the only copy of that million pound contract just yet,
> but feel free to test it on stuff that's replacable...
>
> *  Delta compression -kz.  This sacrifices speed for disk space -
> might be useful for some...  If your machine is beefy enough it might
> be fast enough though.

Is the repository still compatible with the cyclic CVS? If not, is
there any way to disable these extensions (refuse them at the server
even if client insists) to make sure that the repository remains
compatible?

How would tools that read the repository directly like WebCVS and
friends cope with these?