[cvsnt] Improve Performance?

Tyler Theobald junk at nodomain.net
Tue Dec 30 16:34:33 GMT 2003

I just installed 2.0.16 on a Windows Server 2003 and am using TortoisCVS
1.6.0 r4 on a Windows 2000 Pro workstation. .  The server is dual 1.3mhz
PIII with 2 gigs RAM, and my workstation 2.x mhz, with 512 RAM, and
server/workstation are connected together via a 100mbps connection LAN. I'm
checking out and committing just fine via SSPI and domain authentication (no
local accounts on the server), but the speed is quite slow, as I can easily
read all the files in the TortoisCVS results window as they scroll by.  I've
checked the processor utilization on both workstation and server during
operations with a lot of files and they don't appear overtaxed - Process
just seems to "walk" through all the cvs.exe commands instead of "running"
like I'd like.
Does anyone have any TIPS to improve this default performance?
(I don't have a previous CVSNT install to compare against - We are looking
to migrate off of VSS and PVCS)
Thanks in advance!

Tyler