[cvsnt] The new releases of CVSNT are generating 3 extra new revision fields, which is causing problems. Please help.

Saumendra Poddar s at no-spam.com
Thu Feb 6 15:52:50 GMT 2003

Hi,
The new releases of CVSNT are generating some extra new fields in the
repository file that looks like it is confusing ViewCVS (which uses RCS57nt)
when clicking on the cvsGraph (I get lots of Warning errors).
Here is an example of the revision fields created by CVSNT

1.1
date     2003.02.01.01.58.12;  author administrator;  state Exp;
branches 1.1.1.1;
next     ;
owner 0;                       <-- extra new field created by CVSNT (Release
68)
group 0;                        <-- extra new field created by CVSNT
(Release 68)
permissions 666;           <-- extra new field created by CVSNT (Release 68)

These 3 extra new fiields are creating the problems with ViewCVS.  If I
manually remove them, then things work absolutely perfect!!

Actually when I was using CVSNT Release 57g, everything was working fine
with ViewCVS, but after moving to  CVSNT Release 68, I am having these extra
fields problems.

Can you tell me wether CVSNT is responsible for this problem, or is this
problem related to ViewCVS.

Also if you can tell me what the workaround for this problem could be.

Thanks

Saumendra