[cvsnt] Re: The new releases of CVSNT are generating 3 extra new revision fields, which is causing problems. Please help.

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Thu Feb 6 18:53:45 GMT 2003

On Thu, 6 Feb 2003 11:54:04 -0500, "Saumendra Poddar" <s at no-spam.com>
wrote:

>Hi Tony,
>Can u kindly give me the link to where this patch is available cause I
>cannot find it. Another thing, u mentioned about upgrading to the latest
>version. Well I am using CVSNT Release 68 where I am having this problem.
>Today I see that u have released CVSNT Release 69. Is this issue fixed in
>this release?

It's not a cvsnt issue (in as much as it's designed that way).
Viewcvs isn't coping with some warnings coming from the rcs binaries,
which it just needs to simply ignore.  I expect if you use the latest
viewcvs it's fixed.

If you look at the list archives there is some discussion of this
problem and how to patch viewcvs.