[cvsnt] Re: Anyone knows where to get a ViewCvs (for windows) patch?

Saumendra Poddar s at no-spam.com
Sat Feb 8 04:45:08 GMT 2003

Hi,
This is the exact problem that I am facing with cvsGraph too, and this issue
is related to the 3 extra fields created by the new releases of CVSNT. Here
is the warnings that I get from cvsGraph

\\sagi\CvsRepository\Project/DocmanTest/License.txt,v: 13: warning:
CVS extended keyword skipped
\\sagi\CvsRepository\Project/DocmanTest/License.txt,v: 14: warning:
CVS extended keyword skipped
\\sagi\CvsRepository\Project/DocmanTest/License.txt,v: 15: warning:
CVS extended keyword skipped
\\sagi\CvsRepository\Project/DocmanTest/License.txt,v: 21: warning:
CVS extended keyword skipped
\\sagi\CvsRepository\Project/DocmanTest/License.txt,v: 22: warning:
CVS extended keyword skipped
\\sagi\CvsRepository\Project/DocmanTest/License.txt,v: 23: warning:
CVS extended keyword skipped

If I remove those 3 extra fields from the revision file, then I don't get
these warnings. But it is not possible to go through all the files and
remove those fields in the repository. Its just not practical !!

And another thing. U will notice that in ViewCVS when u click on a
particular file name in the Directory View section, u get directed to the
Log view section. In the lower portion of the Log view section, u are going
to find an option mentioning  "Type of Diff should be a " , and if u select
"Side by Side", I bet u are going to see an error like the following..

RCS file: \\sagi\CvsRepository\Project/DocmanTest/project.properties,v
rcsdiff: \\sagi\CvsRepository\Project/DocmanTest/project.properties,v:
warning: Unknown phrases like `owner ...;' are present.
retrieving revision 1.1
rcsdiff: co.exe failed for unknown reason
rcsdiff aborted
Tony Hoyle(author of CVSNT)told me the following regarding the 3 extra
fields[message]It's not a cvsnt issue (in as much as it's designed that
way).Viewcvs isn't coping with some warnings coming from the rcs
binaries,which it just needs to simply ignore.  [/message]So finally the
conclusion is that this is a ViewCVS problem. I too am looking for someone
to provide some guidance on how to fix this issue. So if anyone can help
with any sort of information regarding this problem, it would be greatly
news:n8d84vshlkqmsosugtbaluig2gdot6i56i at 4ax.com...