[cvsnt] Re: Build 69 and Updates with 8k or larger files fail

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Sun Feb 9 09:28:21 GMT 2003

On Sat, 8 Feb 2003 20:15:15 -0500, "John Goehringer"
<john.goehringer at agilisys.net> wrote:

>Build 68 was fine, Build 69 fails.
>
>Yes, adjusting the buffer size just moves the problem, but
>perhaps it's a hint as to where the problem is.
>
>John Goehringer
>
>> So it for sure looks like a bug.
>> When did it appear? (From which cvsnt revision?)
>>
>> And will increasing the buffer size to 16 times the original size not
>> just push the file size up by 16 but still leave us with this problem
>> on large files??
>>
>> /Bo

I sure hope this will be fixed soon, we have *a lot* of source files
that are bigger than 8K and I hate thinking about what would happen if
I install 69 and people stop being able to update their local copies
when someone else has committed changes....
Luckily I have not yet moved from 57l because of the issue with the
ViewCvs incompatibility. (Which I now have found the fixes for thanks
to several other people posting their findings.)

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)