[cvsnt] Re: Anyone knows where to get a ViewCvs (for windows) patch?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Sun Feb 9 19:46:46 GMT 2003

John,
which version of viewcvs are you using?
The reason I ask is that I have found that the zipfile available on
the webpage: http://russ.hn.org/viewcvs/
actually contains a complete sandbox checked out from SourceForge. So
I tried to check the current status of the viewcvs.py and other files
via CVS and found the files in the zipfile quite old.
So I am now trying to get the head revision of viewcvs to work in
Windows. In doing so I am half way through after making some of the
edits you propose. However, since the current viewcvs.py file does no
longer have some of the lines you specify I have run into some
difficulties fixing the system up.
Currently I have diff working OK as well as the base repository view
of modules. I can also click the file name in the module summary and
get to the detailed file view even for a file committed on CVSNT build
69!
But some of the links on this page generate errors. These links are:
Download, Text, Markup. But note thta the Annotate link actually works
OK! For the ones that fail all show an error message like this:

First line of co output is not the filename.Line was: ;Configuration
file for CVSMailer
fname="None". url="CVSMailer/CVSMailer.ini"

Then follows a debug call stack all ending in:

File "c:\programs\viewcvs\lib\viewcvs.py", line 2059, in
process_checkout
    raise debug.ViewcvsException('First line of co output is not the
filename.<br>'
ViewcvsException: ViewCVS Unrecoverable Error

Now, I don't know what to do and I really want to use the latest
viewcvs from Sourceforge since it is probably better. Revision of
viewcvs.py has been upped from 1.107 to 1.153 since Russ put it on his
site. I guess at least something was done...

PS: I edited the following files:
lib/viewcvs.py
lib/popen.py
lib/vclib/bincvs/__init__.py

/Bo

On Sat, 8 Feb 2003 15:29:15 -0500, "John Goehringer"
<john.goehringer at agilisys.net> wrote:

>Good. We have not had anyone complain about the rcsdiff warnings, but here
>is
>the fix
>
>in viewcvs.py find the following (search for 'rcsdiff')
>
>  args[len(args):] = ['-r' + rev1, '-r' + rev2, cvs_filename]
>  fp =
>popen.popen(os.path.normpath(os.path.join(cfg.general.rcs_path,'rcsdiff')),
>args, 'rt')
>
>and add the '-q', to the arugment definition
>
>  args[len(args):] = ['-q', '-r' + rev1, '-r' + rev2, cvs_filename]
>  fp =
>popen.popen(os.path.normpath(os.path.join(cfg.general.rcs_path,'rcsdiff')),
>args, 'rt')
>

>Thanks,
>John Goehringer
>
>"Saumendra Poddar" <s at no-spam.com> wrote in message
>news:b23f5t$ma8$1 at sisko.nodomain.org...
>> Thank you very much John. This has solved the few problems that we are all
>> facing while using viewCvs. Now I am able to get cvsGraph work without
>those
>> warning messages by implementing what u had adviced us.
>>
>> I am looking forward for the solution required to fix rcsdiff problem.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Saumendra

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)