[cvsnt] Re: Anyone knows where to get a ViewCvs (for windows) patch?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Mon Feb 10 01:08:20 GMT 2003

I have been working today on this and I have decided to go with the
HEAD revision of ViewCvs on SourceForge. However, the HEAD does not
work "out of the box" and I have been in touch with Russ Yanofsky who
is the one publishing the port for Windows I have been using before.
It turned out that the edits he did last year had not been checked
into SourceForge and meanwhile the viewcvs.py file has risen from rev
1.107 to 1.152...
But as by magic, 11 hours before I threw myself at it Russ actually
committed a version that he believed would work with CVSNT.
This is the one I checked out and tested against my own server (now
running build 69). And of course it failed.
Since Russ is still on CVSNT 57f he does not have these problems, but
he has helped me in finding where to look and I think I am finally
getting close. So far most works for me now, but there are a few
strange things I want to rectify before I finish.
When that is done I will write up a step-by-step guide again on how to
do like I did for CVSNT and publish it.
Give me a few days more.

Cheers,
Bo

On Sun, 9 Feb 2003 19:55:19 -0500, "Saumendra Poddar" <s at no-spam.com>
wrote:

>Hello Bo,
>If u have been successful in integrating viewcvs with the latest cvsnt,
>please help us by providing a step by step guide on what u are doing.
>
>Well I am using viewcvs-1.0 release 2, rcsNT, cvsNT release 68, and am
>trying to  configure it on IIS using the CGI method.
>
>So far, I am being able to run viewcvs on my browser, and I am able to use
>cvsGraph by implementing the patch that John has mentioned.
>
>I am stuck with rcsdiff.
>
>I have implemented the patch that John had mentioned regarding rcsdiff, and
>I got the warning messages disappear that I was getting earlier. But I am
>still getting an error message on my browser.
>
>The error that I get looks like this.
>
>rcsdiff: diff.exe failed for unknown reason
>
>rcsdiff aborted
>

>John had told me to make sure that i add the path to the rcs binaries to my
>system variables. I have done that, and I also have the path set to the rcs
>binaries on my viewcvs config file, but I still get this error.
>I am just stuck with this problem.
>
>If u have any suggestions, please share.

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)