[cvsnt] Re: Anyone knows where to get a ViewCvs (for windows) patch?

Saumendra Poddar s at no-spam.com
Mon Feb 10 02:37:30 GMT 2003

Bo,
2 weeks back I had actually written a step by step guide on my own on how to
install viewCVS, as I was going through the process of installing viewCVS
myself, using screenshots. I would like to forward this document to u, and I
would like u to have a look at it. Maybe u could polish this document with
the modifications that u are implementing. This document is in MS Word
format, so at the end we can convert it to HTML and have it published
somewhere on the web. The best place would to publish it on the viewCVS for
Windows site, but I don't know if it would be possible.

What do u say? If u can provide me your email address,  I would like to
email it to u.

John,
You are being extremly helpful in all the ways u can, and it is wonderful to
have people like u helping others in open source projects. But regarding the
rcsdiff issue that I am having, no it hasn't been solved even after adding
the path to the system environment. I did restart the machine, but it did
not solve the problem.
I also have added the user IUSR_<machinename> and the user
IWAM_<machinename> to the folder that contains the rcs binaries, and gave
these users both READ and EXECUTE permissions, but it hasn't solved the
problem either.
What to do :-(

Saumendra