[cvsnt]

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Mon Feb 10 11:26:50 GMT 2003

On Mon, 10 Feb 2003 12:21:01 +0100, "Trond Kvarenes"
<trond at logit-systems.com> wrote:

>If I have a branch from the 1.1 version called "customer1" and a branch from
>"customer1" called "maint_1" and a branch from "maint_1" called "bugfix",
>and use the "if no matching revision found,..." option when updating to the
>"bugfix" branch, I don't get the latest version on the "maint_1" branch on
>the files that hasn't got a "bugfix" branch , but the latest on the
>"customer1". If i update to the maint_1 branch it shows the 1.1 version.
>Why? Shouldn't I get the latest commited version?

The full text of the "if no matching revision.." option is:

-f	Force a head revision match if tag/date not found.

Which means you'll get the latest HEAD revision.  AFAIK there is no
option to get revisions from previous branches.

If "bugfix" was really branched from "maint_1" then I'd expect all the
files to be there anyway, though.