[cvsnt] Where to specify access to CVS lock server

Hartmut Honisch hartmut_honisch at web.de
Mon Feb 10 17:07:23 GMT 2003

What's the role of the lock server. Does the cvs client access it directly?
How does it know what port to connect to?

The reason I'm asking is that I have to access my customer's CVS through an
ssh tunnel. So I tell CVS to access port 3401 on localhost, and ssh forwards
those requests to port 2401 on the remote CVS server behind the firewall.
I'm wondering how to tell my CVS client to use port 3402 on localhost, which
is forwarded to port 2402 (the lock server's port) on the CVS server.

-Hartmut