[cvsnt] Re: First time user question (Patrick Mast, WinFakt!)

Ian Epperson Ian at axiomdesign.com
Mon Feb 10 20:09:58 GMT 2003

You need to create the folder ON THE CLIENT with a dummy file, then use the
cvs command to create a module.  DO NOT DO THIS ON THE SERVER!  The error
you are getting indicates that the CVS server cannot find its control files
- and those don't exist yet because you BYPASSED CVS and created the
file/folder directly.  Creating the module on the CLIENT with the CVS
command will do everything it has to.