[cvsnt] Re: out of memory error in build 70

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Tue Feb 11 11:10:29 GMT 2003

On Mon, 10 Feb 2003 15:43:53 -0800, "Patrick.Cauldwell"
<patrick.cauldwell at serveron.com> wrote:

>I'm relatively new to CVSNT, so I don't know how common this sort of thing
>is, but I'm having the following issue:
>
>I had build 66 running just fine, and imported some modules that were fairly
>big (3K + files).  With Build 66 this didn't seem to cause any problems, and
>I could checkout those modules without incident.
>
>Today I installed Build 70, and now when I try to check out a large module,
>the client dies after around 1500 files with an out of memory error.  (My
>client software has not changes, WinCVS 1.3b11).
>
>Any thoughts?

Unless you have individual files that are really huge I'm surprised
that it could fail (especially the client, which doesn't have to do
half the amount of manipulation that the server does).

It's possible I missed a leak somewhere...  I have a repository of 10K
files here that gets used a lot (although the server is still on b68
AFAIK) so I can check with that.