[cvsnt] "Waiting for unknown user's lock"

Michel Vanaken mvanaken at idtech.be
Tue Feb 11 12:16:47 GMT 2003

Hello,

I've got a problem here on a build 70 (but the problem already occured before).
We use SSPI.

When we try to access a particular file in one of our repositories, the CVS client seems to be trapped in an endless loop, and displays messages
"cvs server: [12:58:19] waiting for Unknown User's lock in D:/cvsrepo/suite_4/SRC/LISTING"

On the server, I find in that directory a #cvs.lock folder and a #cvs.wfl.server(user).xxxx ;
in the cvstemp directory, there's a cvs-servxxxx folder.  xxxx is the same number (pid ?) for both files.

BTW, there's a message box saying "Something bad happened to CVSNT, and it crashed.  Would you like to produce a crash dump ?".  Any try with the "yes" button fails with "Failed to save dump file to d:\cvstemp\cvsnt.dmp (error 5)".  The file is created, but its size is 0.

What can I do to get out of this situation ?  I'm not a CVS guru.

Thanks in advance,
Michel Vanaken