[cvsnt] problems with diff

Paul St. John pstjohn at visible-bytes.com
Wed Feb 12 01:39:56 GMT 2003

Hi,

Couple of (perhaps related) issues I've run into and I'm wondering if
anyone else has seen them or can give a hint at what I should be
looking at:

FIRST
=====
Sometimes when I try to to perform a diff I get the following message:

"cvs [diff aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages if
any)"

(Note:  there are no messages above).
It doesn't happen with all files, and it doesn't happen with all versions
of a given file.   It is consistent with specific versions of specific
files.

I.e.,

IF foo.cpp is version 1.7
THEN a diff of version 1.7 and 1.6 gives error
BUT a diff of version 1.6 & 1.5 does not

I've looked at the text of the ,v file and there is nothing
that jumps out as being wrong.

SECOND
======
On files I've modified and then commited I will get the following
error when

"cvs [server aborted]: invalid change text in
CVSROOT/project/subdirectory/foo.cpp"

(directory locations and files names changed to protect the innocent...
well,
really just to keep things generic and simple..)

TECH SPECS
cvsnt version 1.11.1.3 (Build 62) running on Win2000 Server (PIII, 700MHz,
256MB)
WinCVS 1.3.10.1 Beta 10 (Build 1) running on XP Home (P4, 2.4GHz, 512MB)
Using pserver protocol.

Note:  the files can be updated and still build just fine.

TIA,
-Paul.
---