[cvsnt] Re: Latest updates

Anthony Williams anthony.williamsNOSPAM at anthonyw.cjb.net
Wed Feb 12 14:54:49 GMT 2003

tmh at nodomain.org (Tony Hoyle) writes:

> On Wed, 12 Feb 2003 13:46:29 +0100, "Oliver Giesen" <ogware at gmx.net>
> wrote:
>
> >> Change to use plink for ssh protocol.  This should be a lot more
> >> stable than cryptlib was.
> >
> >It looks like you removed the ability to authenticate via private keys in
> >the process, is that correct?
> >cvs info ssh no longer lists the corresponding keywords and they are
> >obviously not recognized, too.
> >Can we expect this feature to return?
> >
> Since it's using plink you can put your private keys into pageant and
> it'll work that way...  it's probably a lot more secure that way, too.

I can now use :ssh: to connect to my projects on SourceForge, even the one
with the 3Mb file. This is good. However, I cannot get my private key loaded
into pageant; I always have to type my sourceforge password. If I use plink
separately, with a saved session that specifies my private key, I don't need
to enter the password.

My username at sourceforge is not the same as my username on my local machine,
so I have to specify the username as part of the CVSROOT. Does this affect the
use of pageant?

Anthony
--
Anthony Williams
Senior Software Engineer, Beran Instruments Ltd.