[cvsnt] Re: Latest updates

Oliver Giesen ogware at gmx.net
Wed Feb 12 15:31:26 GMT 2003

> I can now use :ssh: to connect to my projects on SourceForge, even the one
> with the 3Mb file. This is good. However, I cannot get my private key
loaded
> into pageant; I always have to type my sourceforge password. If I use
plink
> separately, with a saved session that specifies my private key, I don't
need
> to enter the password.
>
> My username at sourceforge is not the same as my username on my local
machine,
> so I have to specify the username as part of the CVSROOT. Does this affect
the
> use of pageant?

Hmm, I just tested pretty much exactly the same situation and it works just
great.
The CVSROOT I used is :ssh:ogiesen at cvs.cvsgui.sf.net:/cvsroot/cvsgui. My
local Windows username is a different one. My private key is loaded into
Pageant. I can run commands on the server without having to enter my
password.
For testing I renamed the whole PuTTY registry key to simulate a first-time
run. At the first attempt to run a command, I got the message about caching
the server's fingerprint which I confirmed. From then on everything worked
without any problems at all.

Cheers,

Oliver
JID: ogiesen at jabber.org