[cvsnt] Trouble adding new users

Capitis weaselslayer1 at netscape.net
Wed Feb 12 18:26:53 GMT 2003

I can't seem to add new users anymore.  I've tried both ntserver protocol
and pserver whilst on the physical CVSNT box and remotely.  Both return the
same message:  "This protocol does not support authentication"

I've toggled the SystemAuth setting in the config from no to yes thinking
that might have something to do with it.  The Server side support for
ntserver protocol is checked in the CVSNT Service control panel.

This started with build 70, where the system would tell me that an acct
could not log in until it was aliased to a valid system acct.  Problem is,
it is a valid system acct to start with.  Now, on build 71, I can't even get
the console to accept the passwd command.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Brian