[cvsnt] Cannot rename file error

Keith D. Zimmerman kzimmerman at eshcom.com
Thu Feb 13 15:36:39 GMT 2003

We too have had this problem when the server hangs or is interupted...
Usually restarting the server (the entire computer, not just the
service) is required...  I've found that manually renaming the original
file (in your case d:/cvs/pmp-docs/sysTools_Readme.txt,v) to the new
file name (in your case d:/cvs/pmp-docs/,sysTools_Readme.txt,v) with
windows explorer cannot be done...  Cvs somehow exited (or crashed)
leaving a hanging file lock.  Restarting the service doesn't help

keith d. zimmerman, mcsd
eagle solutions