[cvsnt] Re: postcommit file

John Peacock jpeacock at rowman.com
Thu Feb 13 20:14:34 GMT 2003

Tony Hoyle wrote:
> Postcommit doesn't have any input other than the repository name on the
> command line... it's the last things that's called before cvs finishes.

This is the piece of information I needed.  Actually, I altered my old
update_websites.pl script to just log what was being passed.  And what is
actually being passed is the full path to the directory updated, including the
local CVSROOT path.

How hard would it be to make postcommit support some of the expansion variables
that loginfo supports?  Specifically, I'd like %{} to display only the path
relative to the repository root; it just make my script less cranky.  I have two
different groups of files I am updating: shared include files in one path and
then the site files in a completely different path.  Sometimes I want to just
pass the relative directory using %{} and other times I want to hard-code the
directory.  It would also be nice if %{CVSROOT} did what you would think it
would do here (although to be honest I haven't checked that).

TIA

John