[cvsnt] usage is restricted to repository administrators

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Thu Feb 20 15:59:53 GMT 2003

See my comments posted yesterday on this very subject.

In a nutshell:

If a user is a Domain Administrator in their login domain, they are
automatically a CVS administrator.  Other users that you want to add as CVS
admins are added on a per-repository basis by adding their base login name
(not domain\username, just username) in the \ottawa\CVSROOT\admin file
(create it if it is not present, just a text file with no extension), one
username per line.
<<

Note that you have to be an Administrator in your *login* domain.

P.S.  In case you didn't notice, all these messages are also available in
the newsgroup news://news.cvsnt.org/support.cvsnt

Glen Starrett
glen.starrett at honeywell.com
Senior Systems Architect, Tools & Technology
Project Operations, Honeywell IC