R: [cvsnt] binary file question

Alberto Barbati abarbati at ubisoft.it
Fri Feb 21 08:47:23 GMT 2003

Hi,

I'm using 1.11.1.3 Build 68 and I'm also experiencing this problem. I have a
few remarks to add that could be useful to track down the problem:

1) If I use "cvs update" I get a correct binary file of the last version;

2) If I use "cvs -r x.x update" I also get a correct binary file of any
previous versions;

3) If I use "cvs -p -r x.x update" I get a garbled file. It's not just a
CRLF translation problem: I inspected the file with a hex editor and it
clearly contains text strings that shouldn't be there. Weird!

Hope this helps,

Alberto Barbati