[cvsnt] CVS Compatible Documentation files

Paul Russell paul_newsgroups at yahoo.ca
Tue Feb 25 04:59:03 GMT 2003

I know that all kinds of documentation can be stored in CVS (text, html, MSWord.doc, ...).

But what I'm wondering is if there is a particular type that seems to work better:

  -changes store neatly (are changes to binary files stored as cleanly as text? html?)

  -can merge changes

  -can do a diff and see readable results (html text changes are buired in formatting info)

  -supports formatted text (fonts, colors)

  -maybe: can use simple tables

  -maybe: supports simple diagrams (line drawings)

At present I use plain text files where possible, and html files for documents requiring formatting. I find it difficult to review changes (diffs) to my html docs.

Suggestions...?

Paul