[cvsnt] cvs vs cvsnt

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Tue Feb 25 22:04:27 GMT 2003

Greg Milich wrote:

> Hi,
> I am not sure what the difference is between cvs-1.11.5 for windows
> and cvsnt 1.11.1.3-72? Could you please tell my why I would choose
> one over the other?

If you want to run a server there's no choice... cvsnt is the only one
available.  For clients you take your pick, but if you're using WinCVS it
has to be one that talks the cvsgui protocol - WinCVS ships with cvsnt as
the client, although there's no particular reason you have to stick with
that choice if you compile the cvsgui protocol into the cvshome.org client.