[cvsnt] Permission denied when writing to history file

Joe Beda CVSStuff at Bedafamily.com
Sun Jan 5 21:24:23 GMT 2003

I'm using the latest version of CVSNT and WinCVS.  I have these guys
installed on a .Net Server Beta.

I've encountered two problems so far:
1) Error when trying to create a repo w/ the control panel.  It pops up an
error prompting me to use the command line to figure out what went wrong
("cvs -d c:/CVSNT/CVSRepo/FunStuff init") but when I execute that from the
command line it completes fine and I am good to go.

2) Error reported from server whenever I try to check something in: "cvs
server: warning: cannot write to history file
C:/CVSNT/CVSRepo/FunStuff/CVSROOT/history: Permission denied"

Details of the install:
1) Server is configured to not use impersonation and only local accounts
2) Connecting via sspi from an XP machine.  Everything seems to work except
for this warning
3) Service is running under Local System account which has permission to
access file.

Any ideas?  Has anyone else seen this?

Thanks!

Joe Beda