[cvsnt] "No such user" problem

Gregor Kovač gregor.kovac at mikropis.si
Tue Jan 7 09:23:04 GMT 2003

Hi!

Today I have installed CVSNT 1.11.1.3 (Build 65) on a Windows 2000 Server.

The FAQ at http://w1.858.telia.com/~u85831169/InstallCVSNT.html shows how to
set CVS up to use local usernames from Windows accounts.
I have tried to make CVS use passwd file with no success. :(
I have tried SystemAuth=no and SystemAuth=yes, but nothing worked.
I could add users to passwd file, but if they were not aliased to a system
user they could not log in (getting "No such user" error).

Any idea what I am doing wrong ?

Best regards,
        Kovi

P.S.: I used the default install options.